It’s healthy…. so eat it. Featuring meringue frosting. Tastes like mu’fuggin marshmallows.
- 15 oz can of pumpkin (approx. 1¾ cups)
- 1½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ c stevia baking sugar if you really want to eat the whole pie (or regular brown or white)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 room temperature egg whites (not the boxed kind or they won’t beat)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (to stabilize the egg whites)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pie ingredients together with a whisk.
- Pour into pie pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes (or until toothpick comes clean)
- While the pie is baking make the frosting. Beat egg whites and add sugar one tablespoon at a time. You will end up whisking the egg whites for about 7 minutes by hand (it’s quicker if you use a electric beater). The frosting is ready once the egg whites look like paste and small peaks begin to form.
- When the pie is finished cooking (or with about 3 minutes remaining), take it out of the oven and quickly use a spatula to coat it with the frosting. Then place it back in the oven set to broil on high. It should only take 1-3 minutes for the frosting to set. Watch for a golden brown color on the frosting.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy. We actually found it best refrigerated.